Epoxy Base Mortar
Epoxy Base Mortar is applicable in Acid Resistant Bricks & Tiles lining works as Bedding & Jointing Mortar for products and areas, like:
- Chemical Reaction Vessels
- Neutralization Pit
This mortar is resistant to the following:
- Temperature 90° C (Max.)
- Some solvents
- Non-oxidizing acids
Preparation of Mortar
Epoxy Mortar comprises Hardener, Resin, and Mix no.10 Powder. Average mixing ratio can be achieved to obtain excellent working consistency:
- Epoxy Resin: 100 pbw
- Epoxy Hardener: 10-15 pbw
- Quartz Powder: 300 to 350 pbw
This ratio can be slightly vary based on their temperature and working conditions.
- All said material to be used on the basis of above stated ratio.
- Both, Epoxy resin & hardener must be mixed in the mixing pan thoroughly before use. Quartz powder is then slowly added and gradually mixed with above mentioned liquids. The ingredients must be blended until a uniform mixture is achieved.
- Start by preparing small batches of Mortar. All the mortar must be used from the mixing pan, before preparing next batch.
Please make sure that the cement plastered surface is slightly rough in line & level, dirt free, dust free, oil free, clean and dry, that maintains desired slope, as the slope can not be altered or adjusted in Acid proof lining works.Application:
Once the mixture is ready, it must be buttered on sides and back of tiles/bricks to be laid. Little more mortar is applied on tiles/ bricks. However, excess mortar must be squeezed after layering. Epoxy mortar can also be used for filling joints, but make sure joints must be filled with mortar to full depth, without any air pocket in the joints. The plastered areas must be left for drying, free from any other material or traffic. Setting / Curing
The chemical reaction caused by mixing of hardener, resin and quartz powder, makes Epoxy Mortar self-hardening.
- The mortar is initially set in 4-5 hours at 30°C
- Final Setting occurs in 24-48 hrs. at 30°C
- Curing time of 7 days at 30°C
During this process, no water is spilled over the brick lining work before it is entirely cured.
- Working time at 30°C: 20 minute
- Cured mortar density: 1.8 to 2.0 gm. per cc
- Bond strength: 12 Kg./Cm2
- Water Absorption: 1% (Max.)
- Compressive Strength: 500 Kg/Cm2
- Flexural Strength: 150 Kg/Cm2
Equipment Cleaning: Equipment & hands must be cleaned before Epoxy Mortar begins to set. Cleaning must be done with Soap and water.
- When blending or applying Epoxy mortar, one must wear the following for protection:
- Protective hand Gloves
- Resin: 1 year at the temperature 30‚°C (+2OC)
- Hardner: 1 year at the temperature 30°C (+2OC)
- Powder: 1 year at the temperature 30°C (+2OC)
Store resin, hardener and powder in dry and cool place under the roof in original sealed containers.