Construction industry uses Furan Mortar for Acid Resistant Bricks & Tiles lining works as Bedding & Jointing Mortar for the following:
- Chemical Reaction Vessels
- Neutralization Pit
Furan Mortar is resistant to Oils, Greases, Detergents, Non-Oxidizing Acids, Alkalies, Salt, Solvents, etc. Carbon Filled Furan Mortar can be used as it resist fluoride salted, Hydrofluoric acid, hot & highly concentrated alkalies, etc. It is also resistant to temperature 170oC (Max.)
Preparation of Mortar Powder and solution generally goes into preparation of Mortar. 1 Pbw of solution and 3 Pbw of powder is added to obtain good working consistency. Based on the working conditions and temperature, this ratio will slightly vary. The process starts by preparing small batches of Mortar. The solution must be stirred before use. The solution must be poured in a mixing pan and powder must be added into it. Either spatula or trowel is used to mix the solution thoroughly. The solution must be mixed until a uniform mixture is obtained. When one batch is prepared, make sure the mixing pan is cleaned to prepare the next batch of the mortar.
The cement plastered surface must be clean, dry, slight rough, in line & level, free from dirt, dust, oil and grease. It must maintain needed slope, as it can not be altered or adjusted in acid proof lining works.
Setting / Curing:
Furan Resin Mortar is a self-hardening, given to its chemical reaction that happens when the resin and powder are mixed.
- An initial setting is done in six to eight hours at 30oC
- Final Setting is done in twenty four to forty eight hours at 30oC
- Curing time is seven days at 30oC
Please make sure that no water is spilled over the bricks lining works untill it is totally cured.
Mechanical and Physical property (According to IS-4832 Part-II)
- Working time at 30oC is twenty minute (min)
- Density of cured mortar is 1.8 gram per cc
- Bond strength is 10 Kg.Cm2
- Compressive Strength is 350 Kg/Cm2
- Flexural Strength is 75 Kg/Cm2
- Water Absorption is 1%
- Solution can be stored for twelve months at the temperature of 30oC (+2oC)
- Powder can be stored for six months at the temperature of 30oC (+2oC)
- All two components must be stored in cool and dry place under the roof. It must be kept in original unopened (Sealed) containers.
- Solution is packed in 25 Kg. Mild Steel Drum
- Powder is packed in 25 Kg. in Plastic Bag