Use this Phenolic Resin Mortar as bedding and jointing mortar for Acid Resistant Bricks & Tiles lining works for Foundation, Tanks, Floor, Drain, Chemical Reaction Vessels, etc.Resistant:
It efficiently resists acid, dilute oxidizing acids, concentrated H2SO4 acid, non-oxidizing acids, solvents and neutral salts.Resistant to temperature:
170° C (Max.)Preparation of Mortar:
In the preparation of Mortar, solution and powder are mixed in the ratio of 1 pbw and 3 pbw to achieve good working consistency. Ratio can vary based on the temperature and working conditions.
Mortar must be prepared in small batches. To start with solution and powder in mixing pan must be added and stirred thoroughly using a spatula or trowel, until a uniform mixture is obtained.Surface Preparation:
The cement plastered surface must be rough, clean and dry.Setting / Curing:
This self hardening Phenolic Resin Mortar upon chemical reaction due to mix of powder and resin.
- It starts to set in 6 to 8 hours at 30°C
- Final Setting occurs in 24 to 48 hours at 30°C
- Curing time: 7 days at 30°C
Do not spill water over the bricks lining works before it entirely cured.
Mechanical/Physical property (As per IS-4832 Part-II)
- Working time at 30°C: 20 minute
- Density of cured mortar: 1.8 grm per cc
- Bond strength: 10 Kg.Cm2
- Compressive Strength: 350 Kg/Cm2
- Flexural Strength: 75 Kg/Cm2
- Water Absorption: 1%
- Solution: Two Months at the temperature 32°C
- Solution: Three Months at the temperature 27°C
Phenolic Resin is sensitive to temperature auto polymerization of the resin process. Resin in gel form is useless for application. Store the Resin in cold area, when not in use. Powder:
6 Months at the temperature 30°C
Both components must be stored in cool and dry place under the roof in original sealed containers.Packing
- Solution: 25 Kg. in MS Drum
- Powder: 25 Kg. in Plastic Bag.